Monday, 5 September 2011

Mario's Cafe!



photo courtesy of artist Yusuf Ozkizil

Out of all the very wonderful places I've been able to show work this year, there is a particular venue I've had my fingers crossed for. I associate it with Good Things happening and a pinnacle of..not sure exactly what, yet. All will be revealed. But today I arranged my exhibition in the legendary Mario's Cafe in Kentish Town, London NW5.
Mario's has a long and colourful history; Mario himself is so cool (and lovely) they made a film about him and his establishment.
A recent show over the summer featured the works of Patrick Maguire, one of the 'Maguire 7', and the current show which has just opened features the beautiful art of super-talented Heather Blockey, a mixed-media artist as well as photographer.
The art is amazing, the coffee and food is amazing, the people are lovely..visit Marios if you can, number 6, Kelly St, Kentish Town, runs right off the High St.
I'm so excited to finally have my show sorted. February 2012. Thankyou Mario!

1 comment:

  1. great news that Fiona!
    seems to be a space with a wonderful mood!
    rooting for you!

    a hug!

    ReplyDelete