Thursday, 25 April 2013

Ah-tissue

Ah blog. How lovely to see you again. In the name of spring, here are some beaded and embroidered paper body parts and objects I made last October and, in the state of high emergency I've been living under, managed to clean forget about until, oh joy! I came across them in a file a couple of weeks ago. There are some brain neurons firing away excitedly, a glittering heart (it's grey but I think it's still beating), a cochlea with it's little harp arrangement..a drowned brain, some exploding blood cells, surgical scissors and a pair of small and hopeful shoes..I can't understand how something that required so much patience and concentration (I'm not one of life's natural tissue-paper stitchers) could completely disappear from my mind as if it had never been there, particularly as I was planning on expanding the work. Anyway, I'll be doing something with it again now, and also attempting to keep the blog updated..

No comments:

Post a Comment