Friday, 22 June 2012

In pieces in Camden Town.

Parts of Frida Kahlo, Frida objectified. This has been a work in progress for some time now and the summing up and completion of it caught me somewhat by surprise. I rarely feel like anything's as finished as it could be but in this case, a few tweaks aside, I feel it's as it should be. I found it a pleasure in every way; working on 3d elements, painting and drawing simultaneously, all moving each other along; uninterrupted by headaches and with an urgent gallery deadline providing the ideal excuse to avoid shopping, cleaning and suchlike..total joy.
I also managed to avoid disaster long enough to make the opening, which I'll cover in the next post. I'd like to write more about this piece of work too. It's currently to be seen in the window of the Red Red Shoes gallery , in the show 'Wicked Love', curated by the brilliant Alina Gavrielatos.






















No comments:

Post a Comment