Saturday, 12 May 2012

Totally Amazing

...the realisation that I have lost approximately half my life to a migraine. Definitely a third. I wonder if during that lost third/half, spent in dark agony, unable to form a coherent thought, my brain has been secretly (and kindly) processing some interesting and useful information to be revealed to me at a later date in my life, when I can make good use of it? I'm very much hoping this is the case. On the other hand, bearing in mind the first migraine arrived when I was seven,if I've missed half my life, this means I'm now only twenty. But still look in my forties. It's bad from whichever way I look at it. Anyway, during the few hours left to me when I'm not in a dark room or trying to recall my own name and address as I start to improve afterwards,this is what I have made.
They are in a small group show in London with two other dresses, and will be part of my solo show in January. A longer blog post coming soon with news of new work directions, and more small rabbits. 'Til then..

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful, Fiona. I didn't realise migraine was such a big factor in your life. Are you familiar with Creative Cafe? http://www.facebook.com/groups/314751428615293/ A nice place to mix with other artists, some with disabilities, some not. They recently moved to Facebook. Old site is here:http://creativecafe.ning.com/
    May I also take this opportunity to invite you to the Relaunch of the Dandy Lion market this Saturday, which also happens to be my birthday? Great new venue: The Oxford in Kentish Town! Leslie xx

    ReplyDelete